Rainfall maps for June 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 are shown below. Rainfall for June this years is well below normal. El Yunque appears to have received only about 1/3 of the rainfall that it received in each of the previous three years. I am not a forest ecologist, but this seems like a very bad situation to me.
Cinco Días con Nuestra Tierra en el RUM, marzo 12-17.
Search pragwater posts (enter search word or phrase)
- GOES-PRWEB results questionable until NEXRAD is back online
- NASA Study Projects Warming-Driven Changes in Global Rainfall
- Photos from TMAG 4035 Soil and Water Management Course, UPRM, Spring 2013
- The White House Convenes Scientists to Discuss the World’s New Ocean
- Planting Trees Restores Soil in Haiti
Search By Categories
- 27,041 hits since Mar. 2011
Our Global Community
- Art and Climate Change Education wp.me/p1s0De-IE via @pragwater 2 months ago
- Averages/Totals for 25 Hydro-Climate Variables for Puerto Rico for 2012 now available. wp.me/p1s0De-I9 via @pragwater 4 months ago
- Declare Stand Your Ground laws illegal in accordance with Federal law. Require states amend laws to match Federal law wh.gov/5zJz 5 months ago
- What Solar Can Learn From the Airline Industry May 17, 2013